Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Celebrate the 4th of July

From Candy ...

When this line of patriotic papers from My Mind's Eye came into the store, I knew I had to use them. Slightly softer than traditional 4th of July paper, yet not quite rustic, they have just enough vintage appeal. And, the die cut sheet that accompanies the set provides dozens of quick and simple options.

For my first project with these papers, I decided to make an entire place setting. I made a place mat, name card, and napkin ring, along with a decorated bottle to hold working pinwheels.

Here is a close up of the bottle ... I cut one piece of paper to use on it and the rest is from the die cut sheet. It has borders, die cuts, labels and more.

And, here is a close up of the napkin holder and place card. Both are made with things off of the die cut sheet.


Click here, http://candyspiegel.wordpress.com/2011/05/21/summer-party/ for step-by-step directions on all of these projects, plus the WORKING pinwheels!

The jar and pinwheels are also in the store, for a closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment