Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pretty Posing Peacocks

It's Candy, returning with another layout idea ....

I take a lot of photos of animals, birds, landscapes and nature. I end up with plenty of beautiful photos, but I always seem to be challenged when it comes to scrapbooking them. It seems all of the products on the market either take away from the photos or are too childish. I have spent hours trying to find the perfect paper and often end up carrying the photos around for years, figuring I will find some inspiration, somewhere, eventually.

So, for these ones, I decided to try something a little different. I worked with plain cardstock, made the photos the stars and then added accents from Crafty Secrets. The journaling block, tag and vintage art piece were all on one sheet. I cut them out, added some Distress Ink and attached them to the page.

To keep it elegant, I used beautiful ribbons from Maya Road and 7 Gypsies. I also added several Dew Drops from Robin's Nest.

For the title, I colored chipboard letters from Maya Road with Distress Ink and then layered a thin coat of Diamond Glaze over the top. I love the shiny, elegant effect. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment