Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Vacation memories

I just returned from a wonderful vacation with my husband. It was the first vacation we have taken together without children since our honeymoon. I came back relaxed, sporting a sunburn and with a camera filled with photos.

I knew I would be taking lots of photos of water, since we were going to Lake Michigan. When scrapbooking water photos, I always find it difficult to match the paper. The blues always seem to clash.

So, when I saw the new Travel Light line from We R Memory Keepers, which uses a lot of yellow, green and red, I knew they would be perfect for my pictures and I bought quite a few of the papers before I left.

Here is the first page I made from our vacation ... it features a photo of my husband and I taken by a stranger at the Sleeping Bear Dunes.
The papers are all from We R Memory Keepers. I cut the ones in the middle to 8x8. Then I inked the edges of each paper with Walnut Distress Ink. For the background paper, I folded the corner and used a Craft Glue Dot to secure.

For the smaller papers, I used a distress tool to add a bit of texture and added a few tears here and there. Then, I layered them and used Ultra Thin Glue Dots to hold them in place.

I cut a piece of white card stock to serve as my photo mat and then inked it with Distress Ink and attached my photo and then attached it to the page.

Next, I added twine from My Mind's Eye. I wrapped it around the back of the page, secured it with a Glue Dot and then cut out a small piece of leftover paper and layered it over the top.

For the title charm, I attached a clear charm by Tim Holtz to one of my photos of the dunes with Glossy Accents. This takes a long time to dry -- I let mine dry over night. Then, I trimmed the charm, added a bit of twine and attached it to my page with Craft Glue Dots. Finally, I used the Zig Photo Writer Pen to write the title on top.

For the final touches, I used metal flowers by 7 Gypsies. The one at the bottom features a button from Tim Holtz, which is attached with Craft Glue Dots to the flower and then I used Craft Glue Dots to adhere the flower to the page. The top one is adhered with a brad from Bo Bunny. The little coin is also from Tim Holtz and is also attached with a brad.

I like how the page turned out ... simple, rustic and relaxed -- just like my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment