Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

It doesn't have to be new

There are tons and tons of new products arriving daily at Scrap Tales right now.

But, you don't always have to use the newest products to make a nice project.

For this card, I used several Riley stamps. I love Riley. I can't help it. He's just so adorable. So, I use his stamps every chance I get. And, since they are still available at the store, I thought it was OK to show you.

This card is for my son whose 20th birthday was yesterday. It shows his dream life -- surfing with two lovely ladies ready to wait on him.

To make it, I tore a piece of brown cardstock and then used Distress Ink to add a bit of dimension. I stamped each character with Momento ink on Cryogen paper and then colored them with Copic markers.

I then cut each one out and attached them with Pop-Up Glue Dots.

Then, I went in with Stickles and added them to the flowers, the suns on Riley's shorts and the water because everything needs to sparkle!

Of course, I couldn't let my son have everything he wants for his birthday, so I included a Riley that is a little more "real" on the inside ...

No comments:

Post a Comment