Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Duck, Duck Goose

This is Candy, again ...

I wanted to share this page that I made about the friend my husband made at the zoo. If you click on the photo above and read the journaling, you'll learn how much he hates geese. So, you can imagine my surprise when he made friends with this little guy at the Detroit Zoo!

Anyhow, I figured such a special photo opp deserved a very special place in my scrapbook and I eagerly headed to Scrap Tales to pick out the perfect paper.

I went first to the outdoor/camping/nature section of the store, but nothing was just right. So, I wandered over to the beach section to see if there was something there I could use. Eventually, I ended up in the travel section where I found the perfect paper. I would have never thought to look there, but that is where this paper lives. It's the recent travel collection from KaiserCraft and I knew the muted colors would be perfect. And, I figured the compass patterns went with the whole theme of geese following him around wherever he goes.

The rub-ons, which captured some of the feelings I had behind the lens, are part of that same collection.


I wanted to bring out the feeling of nature, so I added the Blossoming Branch from Prima. I used a bit of Art Glitter Glue to hold it in place.



For the title, I inked some chipboard letters in Distress Ink. The others I painted with Crackle Paint to continue the feeling of nature and texture. Most of the letters are from Maya Road -- the "g" has been in my letter case forever.

So, the next time you are stuck for the perfect paper, consider looking in sections of the store that don't seem to fit. You never know what you might find!

No comments:

Post a Comment